Tracy Seeley's ('74) memoir My Ruby Slippers: The Road Back to Kansas will be published in March, 2011. Her book is part of the "American Lives Series," Editor Tobias Wolff, from the University of Nebraska Press. In June and July, the My Ruby Slippers road show gets underway as she and her husband, filmmaker Frederick Marx, launch a 12 state book tour throughout the west. Along the way, Tracy will be giving talks and readings, and at night, Frederick will screen movies along the side of their trailer. They also plan to film their trip, interviewing folks along the way, taking the pulse of American life. They'll be in Wichita in July!
For tour details and other information, see Tracy's website: http://tracyseeley.com.
Thanks for posting this, Collegiate! I'd love to meet fellow Collegians when I'm on the road this summer. If you live west of Kansas City, I could be coming through your town for a visit to your local bookstore or library. Feel free to get in touch: seeleyt@usfca.edu
ReplyDelete